Thursday, December 7, 2017

Windmills and drone footage


I was in Santa Isabel yesterday and none of the wind turbines was
operating. I did not see any apparent damage and wondered why. Poking
around the net I found a statement from the owners that the hurricane
had caused no damage to the windmills but they were unable to connect to
PREPA due to the damaged transmission lines. The statement was from
October and here we are in December with them still, apparently,
offline.



I also found an interesting 11 minute video on
the hurricane from the National Weather Service. It is drone footage of
damage. Perhaps the best I've seen so far.



Of
particular interest here is overhead views of the Naguabo windfarm
showing all windmills with broken blades and of the Humacao solar farm.



Naguabo is at 2:01 into the video, Humacao at 4:28





https://youtu.be/xFCwFZtaQHE

No comments:

Post a Comment