Thursday, November 30, 2017

Welcome to Dark Island PR

Puerto Rico has been the dark island since September. We cannot get reliable information about our utility, Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (PREPA) in Spanish Autoridad de Energia Electrica (AEE). Not from the newspapers, not from the government, not from the media.

I have lived in Puerto Rico since 1971 and have some familiarity with the PREPA system. I will share my knowledge here along with what information I can find from various sources.

My knowledge is far from complete or up to date. I also cannot guarantee accuracy. There are many people out there who have knowledge of various pieces and practices of the system. I am hoping that this blog can become a site for collecting this information to give a better picture of what is going on, what has been done and what should be done.

The blog language is English so that those in the upper 50 can take part. I am bilingual and Spanish posts or comments are welcome.

1 comment: